"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Tradition

Every year, for the past six or so years, I have held a craft sale open house.  It can be a little overwhelming sometimes, yet so very enjoyable at the same time.  I chose to tell all of my crafting friends that I was not going to do the sale this year.  My children and I were so sad about my decision.  It just isn't Thanksgiving without the sale.  So I chose to do it by myself this year.  It will probably only be 1 or 2 rooms full of crafts ~n~ things.  We are super excited about it.  I am not paying for advertising, so I guess I'll see how many of my regular customers show up.
I've been busy with getting some things started and homeschooling at the same time.  I found myself making new piles hourly.
My house totally looks a mess during this time of year.  There are piles everywhere.




Please don't just drop in unless you enjoy messes.
I find I get more creative when I get messy.  Do any of you ever feel that way?

I love making things look old.  I love quilting and making dolls.  I have a thing for dolls, but I only have one of my dolls that I ever made.  It was the first doll I ever made, and I kept it.  She sits in my living room on a shelf like so...

I hand stitched every bit of her.  Now I use my sewing machine to make my dolls.
Homespun Crafts ~n~ More Open House has become a Thanksgiving family tradition.  It makes for wonderful, unique memories for us.
What is your Thanksgiving tradition?

Here are some of the crafts I am working on.  They are not all finished.

Sneak Peak


They need their noses and a tag.
some ornaments
Still working on my dolls
Again, What is your Thanksgiving tradition?







8 comments:

  1. Spending it with you, Dan & the grandkids. I love it!! Can't wait for the craft sale & Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Your stuff is so fun!! Crafting is so fun! Looks like you have some great stuff going on over there! I can't wait to see all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.. You didn't say what your Thanksgiving tradition was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, I want to go to your sale too. Are you only doing it one weekend? --Thanksgiving weekend? I go to Tammy and Mark's for Thanksgiving. This year we are going on Monday. We stay up at Rich and Rosie's cabin and help them work on the cabin. I have 2 of your dolls. Your Mom is so cute. I know exackly how she feels about being there with you and the kids. It's so fun being a Grandmother. Nothing better than being with your family. I just had a survey last week on the phone and they asked what is my favorite thing to do and that is what my answer was, "being with my family". Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! I am doing it the week of Thanksgiving. It will be Wed-Sat:) You are so kind! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have Thanksgiving here usually just the family. Sad though since Kyle missed it last year and this year is in Iraq. But I love your crafts! I love the messiness of crafting too! Lori:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, Your crafts are exquisite!! I would expect nothing else from you!!! We have Thanksgiving with my family and I cook enough food to feed an army!!! We are thinking of you and your family. Wish we could come to the craft fair!!
    Maggi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Maggie. I can't believe it has been a year almost since we met.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...