"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Empowered Youth

My two oldest children attended Fairhaven Baptist Church's Empowered Youth conference this past week. 
Don't pay attention to the date on the pics.  Bessy doesn't know how to change the date;)




 I was a little nervous about them traveling that far from home without us.  It was the first time they had ever gone on such a long trip without mom and dad.  I was also nervous about how they would behave.  What friends would they choose.  We got very good feedback from the Youth Pastor at our church about the way they behaved and the friends they chose.  Yes, there were a few learning lessons for them and the Youth Pastor:)  God is good.  I thank the Lord for the tender hearts Bethany and Wilson have.  They are moldable and that is what I pray they will always be.  Is that a word?  I've heard it before, but that doesn't really make it a word.
They also competed for the first time.  Bethany played the violin.  Wilson played the cello.  Bethany actually won 3rd place out of all the instrument solos in 7th-9th grade.   I was really happy for her!  She practiced a lot up in her room.
Not a good picture because it was taken by phone and sent to me as I eagerly awaited news about the competition. I was  so thankful for the update!
Another picture from a phone and sent to me.
They had a great week.  Thanks to all who made the trip possible for them.

2 comments:

  1. Yah! Congratulations to Bethany!! So great that they had a nice time and you were able to live through their first trip away! That'll be a hard one for me, too, when mine do that.... in about 30 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Bethany & Wilson (for coming so close to winning also). :) I'm so glad you both had the opportunity to go to Fairhaven College. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...