"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soup Time


It is that time of year that my husband actually wants soup.  He is not a soup guy.  He is a meat, potato, and bread guy.
I really only make two soups.  This is only because I know my whole family will eat them. 
 One is Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings.  
The other is found in this cook book, Healthy Homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole.  The soup is Potato-Bacon Clam Chowder. 
More Healthy Homestyle Cooking (ISBN10: 1579541178; ISBN13: 9781579541170)
One of my good friends gave me this cook book one year as a present. 

 I always make the No-Knead Cheesy Bread to go with it.  Do you notice that each soup involves bread in some form.
My husbands first vegetable is bread:)
I think I need to double the recipe for the bread next time.
Hits the spot on these very cold nights!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! I would love your recipe for the chicken corn chowder! Pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...