"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Days?



If you home school, do you give your kiddos snow days?  
 I give mine snow moments.


They were very excited to go out this morning and play in the snow.  I let them go out for an hour before they really started their school.


It's funny because some people, like my neighbor, pick on me about my kids if they have free time in the yard on a nice sunny day.  He has sarcastic comments when we finish school for the year in the second week of May.


I guess he wouldn't have wanted to be in my school today.  While the District had a snow day, my kids had a school day.  While the District had  In Service Days this past week or off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, my kiddos were doing school. 
Yes, our timing is different.  Homeschooling is different.  Homeschooling is round the clock school.  It really doesn't end with paper work being finished, corrected, and graded.  The reading goes on through the evening, the crafts come out at odd times, the music practices are each day ....including Saturdays and Sunday.  

My kids ask, "What are snow days?"

2 comments:

  1. We kind of had one today. We ended up having school yesterday (when I thought maybe we would not get much done). So, I think it balanced out. I love the freedom that home schooling provides!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...