"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, January 3, 2011

Start Afresh

Another year.  
Another year to better myself. 
 I find that I seem to focus on the physical this time of year. 
 For me it has been my whole life struggle with weight.
However, yesterday in the messages at church, the Lord seemed to really hit me hard over the head that I really need to focus spiritually.  It is what will last.  This is nothing new to me, but sometimes I just tend to only see what is on the outside.  
Why is it I seem to look at what others have and feel bad that I don't have them, yet, I am so blessed in my home and family and church family that I have no want.
In my devotionals, I've been learning that Satan really wants us to slack on the care of our spiritual state.  
I can't wait to see what the Lord does with me this year.  I know I just need to let go of my desires and let God control my life.  
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want"

2 comments:

  1. What an encouraging post today, Tammy! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy you couldn't be any sweeter Your children will rise up and call you blessed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...