"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Corner Cupboard Catastrophe??

Last Summer I found this pine corner cupboard at a yard sale for $20.  


It was red and I painted it black.  
I really wanted a corner cupboard that I could put my tea cups and some dishes in.  This one was too small for that, plus it did not have glass doors on it.  I loved it anyway.  It looked really cute with my things on it.  It held some of my craft supplies in it too.

I held my annual craft sale last November.  I used my corner cupboard to hold crafts.  I put $150 on it thinking no one would pay that much for such a small cabinet.


On the last day of my sale, in the last hour, a group of fun ladies came in, and two fell in love with my cupboard.  I tried to tell them that I am sure they could find a better one for cheaper than what I put on it. 
 I kind of wanted to keep it.  It was holding some of my things you see.  I also knew I would have a hole where this cupboard once sat.  They wanted it anyway.  So, I made $130 on my $20 find.

Last week, I was looking on craigslist and found a BIG black corner cupboard.  It had windows and it was huge.  I asked my hubby if we could go and look at it as it seemed exactly what I was looking for.  The cupboard didn't look that big in the owners home, but when we sat it in our home in the same corner as the old cupboard, it really was too big.


 We switched corners.


 Our big black cabinet that stores my homeschooling things looked too big in that corner too.  

That one corner was the only corner that they both looked good in. 
 The third corner in our office area was being occupied by our computer desk.


I began to worry that I had made a huge mistake buying this cupboard.  Then I came up with the idea of putting our computer in our old cabinet; leaving the other corner for my "new" corner cupboard.


That was the solution! 
 The room seems so cozy.


I love my "new" corner cupboard! 

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a PERFECT cupboard!!! I didn't know the first cupboard was a $20 yard sale find!!! That's fantastic!! I always find God rewards if I'm willing to wait! What a treasure you got!!! How nice that it holds the computer, too!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I love it used as a computer desk! Armoires are great for computers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love repurposing furniture. How creative you are for using the cupboard for the computer!! Love it.
    Following from the hop, hope you can follow back.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new corner cupboard also!

    I'm a new follower from the Friday blog hop, I would love a follow back! I hope you have an amazing friday!

    Happy April Fools Day!

    Hope
    http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday Blog Hop! I am your newest follower.
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had such an adventure with these corner cupboards! hi hi But the end result truly looks cute. Oh and I am now following you thanks to Friday Blog Hop, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! New follower from blog hop. Would love for you to follow me back :-)

    http://fulloftipsmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks perfect! Great find!
    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Hope you can hop by and follow me:

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new cupboard looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Your new cupboard is a much better size for your home. And I can't believe how much money you made from your first corner cupboard!!! Amazing!!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Following you from
    You Like Me! Blog Hop!
    I hope you visit me and
    return the follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...