"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Girly Room

The boys got a little makeover, and I've been wanting to repaint my daughter's room but haven't been motivated.
Since we finished the Attic, I have been excited to refresh her room.  

It was this dark grey-brown room.  
It was a nice color if you were Eeyore from Winnie-the Pooh.


I love Winnie-the Pooh!



Bessy-girl wanted Purple.
I said, "No way Jose.
 When you grow up and have your own home, you can paint all your rooms purple if you like."  
I am a mean mom; I know.
We compromised on pale Yellow.

I got an iron bed off of craigslist for $30 and spray painted it white--I hate to spray paint. 
I know, don't say "hate"...But I really strongly dislike it!
The yellow and white bed frame looks girly to me.


I decided to repaint her switch plate.
It was a mustard yellow with a dark pink flower.  I am so bad with color names.
This is the only pic I have of the yellow.  It is the backside of the switch plate, so you can't see the pink flower.

I base painted the switch plate using Kiltz.


Then I used Folk ART acrylic paint to finish it.


 Bayberry was used for the background, and Purple Lilac was used for the flower.  I antiqued it with some watered down brown paint and then Polyurethaned it.


I am slowly working on other projects in her room and will up-date them as I finish each one.







Linking up with:





Home Grown Families




A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop



















Tip Junkie handmade projects

















11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I just popped over from http://www.homemakeronadime.com. I think your daughter will love her new room!
    Linda :o)
    from www.ourlovelybungalow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, she has a purple flower!Ha,Ha! the room is lovely and so you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way what did you do with the 4 poster?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! love winnie the pooh too and I also hate spray painting but love the iron bed makeover!

    I'm following you from homemakeronadime Creative Bloggers' and Hop!

    Susan @ http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the antique look with the bed against the yellow walls. So sunny and yes, girly. You did an excellent job on the switch plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the switch plate make-over...and the bed is so sweet too.

    Thank you for stopping by to visit me today, I hope you and the kids have a blast making your own paper.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like the yellow you chose for the room. I was a mean mom too. Also homeschooled all the way through high school. Was glad to read that. Graduated my last one a year ago. I sure miss it. I read your attic post. Wow! You really did a lot up there. Who needs heat??? LOL. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, my girls love Winnie the Pooh, too! My first one's favorite word when she was little is Eeyore, and my youngest's favorite is Pooh :) Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the switch plate makeover. So cute! I adore Winnie the Pooh.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the light switch! so girly and so cute ;)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...