"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Egg Basket

On one of the blog hops this week, a lady was covering plastic eggs with twine and mod podging some. 
To see her tutorial go here:

I loved the way hers turned out, and what a neat idea. 
 Vibrant colors are not me. 
 I love plain neutral tones.  That is probably my personality too...plain and neutral.  
My hubby, who doesn't seem to mind my plainness, bought me this egg basket for a present one year.


I filled it, well not quite, with wooden eggs that I bought at a yard sale.  It never got "filled" because buying enough wooden eggs to fill my little wire basket could get pricey.  

So it sat looking like this for years--Until now.


The kiddos and I got to work and tried our attempt on the French d├ęcoupage eggs.  


 I used elmer's glue instead of Mod Podge, because that is what I had around my house. Plus, I knew it would work just as well for me. 
 I had twine in my craft basket. 
When I went grocery shopping, I picked up a dozen plastic eggs for $1.


I also had a cool book on Composers that I got free from the library's used books.
This is how they turned out.
I just love them


I also painted two of my wooden eggs the butter pecan color I love so much:)  
I speckled them with brown paint.

I printed off the sign with a font I liked.
 I got my stamp ink out to make it look grubby.


Attached it with wire.
Here it is:



Linking up with:

Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. very Nice Happy Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, how fun!!! Those look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look wonderful!! Love the decoupaged ones. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you had a lovely Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Love the twine wrapped around them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...