"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Here!

I received my order of Annie Sloan's Paint today!


I bought Paris Grey and Old White from Robyn Story Designs.
I ordered from her because she offers flat rate shipping.
They were so good at communicating with me. 
 As soon as my package was delivered, I received an email from them saying that UPS just dropped it off.  
I thought this was great for those ladies who work and may not be home when their products arrive.

I couldn't wait to paint something!

I chose this:


Doesn't everybody chose a picture frame as their first chalk paint project?  :)

I painted a coat of the Paris Grey first.
This stuff sure does dry fast.


It looks white on this pic, but it was a grey color.
This is just one coat over the dark frame.

Next I highlighted some sections with Old White.
I sanded it a little and waxed it with Fiddes and Sons Jacobean Wax.
I probably should have waited a couple of hours for the paint to dry before applying the wax; because as I was buffing, I was rubbing more paint off.
Chalk Paint isn't suppose to wipe off of anything--it is suppose to stick really well.
So it definitely dried quickly and was good for the second color right away, but I guess I should wait next time before waxing it.
I still love the way it turned out.



Here is the before:


Here is the after:








Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

9 comments:

  1. Tammy, you are going to love ASCP! It's a dream to work with......I can't wait to see what you do with it. You can do a lot of projects with two quarts ENJOY! Love the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS GREAT NICE DONE..PASSING BY TO VISIT YOU... YOUR BLOG IS VERY NICE AND ENCOURAGING...LOOKING FOR YOU VISIT ME SOME TIME OK? GOD BLESS YOU SORAYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, It turned out lovely. I think you have the right idea, start with a small project while your getting to know the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully! On my very first project, a tiny table, I wound up buffing right through 2 layers of wax plus a ltttle paint, too. We were just too eager.
    K-Sue
    createdfgw@gmail.com
    www.createdforgoodworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you'll be doing Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so good! Congratulations on your diving into chalk paint! It is fun! You'll be surprised at what you find to paint! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, how fun!! It gets easier and more fun as you work with it and learn it's tricks. :) Looks GREAT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great. You will try a million techniques and love them all. I promise. Thanks so much for sharing on Market Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, the frame turned out great! I just started my first project yesterday. i took my old boring end tables and used old white for the legs and base, old ochre for the top. I can't wait to start sanding tomorrow.

    All the best,

    charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...