"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Christmas Shadow Boxes

In order to work on some Christmas projects I must:
First, turn on Christmas music:)

Okay, now I am ready!

I found these Shadow boxes at a yard sale for 50 cents each.
I had no clue as to what I was going to do with them.


I took apart each box ripping out the lovely apple stuff. 
 My daughter's American girl dolls are "feasting" on the apples from the tree.
My Bessy girl loves to be creative with her dolls now and snagged all the apples from me before I could throw them away.
Doesn't that sound like someone I know ;)

I painted the backgrounds with Annie Sloan's Paris Grey.
The boxed frames got a coat of Paris grey first and then a coat of Old White.
I waxed with clear wax, distressed and waxed again.  I waited a couple of hours and buffed them.
What a difference that buffing makes!


My Mother-in-law crocheted these beautiful snowflakes and gave them to me to use for crafts and to sell at my Open House in November.
What a great Mother-in-law!
Thank you, Marge!


I tea-dyed them, and I had to re starch them too.  
Sorry, Marge :)
I attached a rustic bell and star to the snowflakes too.

I went to the Graphics Fairy in search of Christmas music.
I found this French Christmas sheet music.


I also tea-dyed the paper, ripped the edges, and browned the edges with brown stamp ink and a sponge.

I made a tag and printed the word "Noel" with a font I liked.
I tea-dyed that too.
After gluing it to the tag I aged the tag with stamp ink and a sponge.
I used burlap for the "ribbon" on the tag.

A little bit of greenery and here it is:



I love the new look of my shadow boxes!

Before:


After:


Linking Up With:

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

























{Primp}


Photobucket


Photobucket


Shades of Amber Chalk Paint Linky Party















Keeping It Simple

22 comments:

  1. You are soooooo creative!!!! I am so proud of you. Were you insinuating that I grab things out of the garbage that you try:)to throw away? lol They are beautiful, Tammy. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bessie Girl didn't fall far from the tree!!!

    you took something blab! & turned it into a work of art. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling project, they turned out great!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Tammy, this is INCREDIBLE!!! REALLY nice!! You are going to have such a nice sale this year!!! YIPPEE...and GREAT snowflakes, Marge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those snowflakes! I'm a little inspired to learn to crochet right now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project!! I think they are both so pretty. You are very creative!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute & festive!! i need to make some christmas decor, you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiii, I love how you rescycled the old frames into sweet new shadow boxes. Loving the antique feeling they have.
    Lisa
    Looking forward to checking out the rest of your place :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so much fun! Great job. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shadow boxes are beautiful! Popped over from Rook No. 17.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Tammy!
    You are so creative. The boxes are so beautiful. I am going to be looking at shadowboxes in a whole new way, thanks to you. My mother-in-law crocheted a lot of those Christmas ornaments, but I don't know what happened to them. Wish I had some now that I've seen your project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They turned out fantastic! what a great project....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shadow boxes! They really turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tammy,
    I really love your shadow boxes. White decorations are so pretty during the holidays..
    I haven't quite gotten into Christmas decor but hopefully I will have something to share for the Robyn Story Design page.. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new look! I'd love for you to share this with my blog party! http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/09/recreate-into-something-new-6.html

    Hope to see you at my place!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great transformation!!! So glad you linked up to Show & Share! I have a giveaway going on right now would love to have you join in that also! http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/09/mixed-bag-designs-giveaway-with-3.html

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just beautiful. LOVE them!!! You are very talented! Visiting from Primp today.
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Live your blog. I have to admit that I like Fall too much to really think Christmas quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your shadow boxes turned out so, so beautifully! I love the vintage sheet music and the way you treated and used your mother-in-laws crochet snowflakes.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for responding to my invite! This is so great! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with {Re}creation Into Something New Wednesdays at Not So Simple Housewife! Hope to see more from you this upcoming Wednesday!

    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing transformation! These are just perfect! I love everything you added to them. Coming over from Brag Monday and your newest follower.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...