"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, September 26, 2011

Faith and a Frame

Oh the smell that filled the kitchen today.
Gingerbread cookies!!
That is a Christmas smell to us.  We have the Christmas music playing while the boys are making cookies.
There is always some kind of creating going on with them too.  They just couldn't make gingerbread cookies without a little gingerbread person, so from scratch they created this little lady.



Now onto my find....this 99 cent frame came from the second hand shop.


I painted it with Annie Sloan's Old White, clear waxed it, distressed it, and antiqued it with the dark wax.
Later buffed it.
Love it!
Now what was I going to put in it?
I wanted a Bible Verse.  God's Word is so encouraging!
I thought of burlap--yes I will have burlap for the background, but I will needlepoint the scripture onto 
muslin--tea dyed muslin.



It will need something added to it
I went to the Graphics Fairy to make cute tags.


This is what I came up with as my final project.


I love the tags.
I especially like the one on the bottom right that looks like it came out of a reader because of what it said.


It says:

I thought it went well with the scripture I chose.  
We need to taste and see that the Lord is good.  
Sometimes we want to stay in the nest where it is nice and cozy and not trust God to do what He wants us to do.  
When we obey and do what He asks of us, we can see amazing things happen, fear goes away, and we know that the Lord is near.




Linking up with:

Shades of Amber Chalk Paint Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Brag Monday with the Graphics Fairy








8 comments:

  1. Very cute the tags really complete it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I so love gingerbread. Makes me feel all Christmassy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM... love the look of this, and the verse that chose, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable and I love the Bible verse as well!

    Thanks for linking up to Knick of Time Tuesday!

    Blessings,
    Angie
    http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so cute! Love what you did. Frame and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great verse, and makeover. Nice job. Thanks for visiting me.
    xoxoRosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a compulsion to buy frames at thrift stores too :) Love the burlap and tag combo! Thanks for the follow - following back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw that turned out so great!!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...