"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, September 5, 2011

Little Miss Misfit


My friend gave me a couple of chairs that she thought I could refinish and use or sell.
They needed some repairing.
This one needed the back to be secured.



It also is missing a rail.
It is sturdy, and I didn't even know it was missing a rail until I took this picture.
Oh well, if nobody wants it , it can stay here in the house of misfit furniture.
I love furniture that people don't want :)

I painted this little Misfit all in Annie Sloan's Old White.
I then went to the Graphics Fairy
She has a lot of neat Vintage graphics to choose from.
I wanted a nest for the seat of the chair.
I then picked a font out and printed the word "Nesting" to put on the top of the chair.


I colored on the back of each paper with a charcoal pencil.



I flipped the paper back over and traced over the nest and the wording with a pen, applying enough pressure to transfer the picture.
Here is the word "Nesting".  It is a bit hard to see. 
Sorry my camera is not very good one.


I then remembered that I had a Sharpie that was a paint marker.
It was so easy to work with.  I am so glad I remembered I had it.
This is my rendition of the nest.




Here is me using the Sharpie paint marker to do the lettering.


I love the way they look.


I applied one coat of Fiddes & Son's clear wax.
I distressed it with sand paper.
Then I took a smaller brush and painted the Jacobean color wax where I really wanted it to look distressed.


I then applied a second coat of the clear wax, and it blended and spread the dark wax over the chair.
If the dark wax was too dark, I just applied more clear wax and it acted like an eraser.
I then buffed it with a soft rag.
I love it!

Here is a pic of this little Misfit's good side.
This pic is also more of it's true color.




Linking up With:






Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special









Furniture Feature Fridays



Photobucket




























Graphic's Fairy Brag Monday

21 comments:

  1. I love it also, I just purchased some Chalk Paint and can't wait to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! A happy chair once again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very amazing! All the detailing is just fabulous. I love it that you took this discarded little sweetie and turned it inot ART. Thanks for sharing at Market Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I just love your chair!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us how you did it ~

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooo, I LOVE this chair!!! :) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just FABULOUS!! Love me that Old White ASCP!!

    Deborah (visiting happily from

    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

    {Hope you can pop by mt space too!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT ITS VERY NICE...I WISH I COULD DO STUFF LIKE THAT..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty! I've enjoyed reading your blog today and have become your new follower. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how wonderful Tammy! I have a Sharpie project (drop cloth dog bed) that I just can't decide how to do But I LOVE Sharpies and you knocked it out of the park here! So inspired now - thank you :)
    Your chair is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This chair looks soo lovely now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did such a great job on this! I've seen that nest graphic and I love it -- this is too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this transformation. The nest is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a great idea. Great project! I have an old chair that needs some attention like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your chair I just painted and stained one almost identical what font did you use I want my chair to look as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you turned an ordinary chair into a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative ~ I love it!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooooo...that turned out very nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very cute. I just love graphics transfers. They facinate me. I have never tried using a charcoal pencil. The other day, I used chalk and it worked pretty good but I do not know if I will use it again. Where did you get your charcoal pencil? Here is a link to the coffee table I made, Jimmy Buffet style.
    http://jleebeholdallthingsnew.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-recently-was-given-this-coffee-table.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...