"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

She Worketh Willingly with Her Hands

Gotta love yard sales!
I got this frame for  $1  25cents.  
They were selling everything for a quarter by the time I got to this yard sale.
I grabbed this frame up.  I loved the wide edge and thought I could do something with it.


I painted it in Annie Sloan's Old White.
It took 3 coats to completely cover the stars and stripes.

I then went over to the Graphics Fairy who has great Vintage graphics to enhance your projects.
I chose a sewing theme.


I colored on the back of each piece with a charcoal pencil.
I flipped it over and randomly transfered sections of the graphic in different spots on the frame by tracing it with a pen.  The pressure from your pen transfers the charcoal to the surface of your project.

I then used a Sharpie Paint marker to paint over the charcoal drawing.

This is what I came up with:


I waxed it with Fiddes & Son's clear wax first and then went around the edges with the dark wax to give it an antique look.
I let it set for a couple of hours and then buffed it.


I am loving the burlap look with my ASCP.  I thought I would use a little bit of it on the background for the inside picture.  I ironed the piece of burlap and glued it to a board.  A piece of tea-dyed Muslin was then glued on top of the burlap for a layered look.


I tea-dyed another printable graphic from the Graphics Fairy for my inside pic.



I used the same glue to mount it to the burlap.

Before:

After:

How does she look?

Here is another frame I painted with ASCP.
I painted and waxed it the same way.
Adding and tea-dying another graphic, I mounted it the same way inside the frame.




The glass is glaring too much in these pics...sorry.


"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."
Proverbs 31:13




Linking up With:

Weekend Craft Soiree & Blog Hop
Designer Garden: VIP Party
{Re} create Into Something New
Feathered Nest Friday
Shades of Amber Chalk Paint Party
Graphic Fairy's Brag Monday


Photobucket

















Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special









17 comments:

  1. Beautiful & different from what you usually do. Big difference from simple frame to your beautiful creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I love how you transferred the images onto the frame. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yard sales. They are the best and you can't beat the prices:) You did a wonderful job on the frame. It is really pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEATO!!! Graphics Fairy is great, isn't she!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I will have to try this someday - thanks for the tute! Thank you lso for stopping by my blog home the other day and your sweet comments about my chalk painted mirror! What is it about that paint that is so awesome??
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! I especially liked your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job, Tammy! What a great idea to add the burlap to the frames! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, what a great job you did making over the frames. Love them! Thanks for visiting Take Six.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! When you say you tea stained the graphic, do you mean that you tea stained the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic project! I love what you have created! Happy weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your frames look really great. It was very clever how you transferred the pattern to the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a beautiful transformation! It looks amazing! I found you over at Life With the Hawleys and I am your newest follower! :) If you have time, I would love it if you could link this up to my Weekend Craft Soiree going on right now. Have a fantastic weekend! :)
    Crystal
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful! What a fantastic transformation! And it looks like it fits perfectly in your home! I am so glad you shared this @ Show & Share! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This came out darling~ Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...