"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Children's Chairs and a Tip

I had these cute little chairs given to me.


I painted just one coat of Annie Sloan's Paris Grey.
I highlighted the rungs with AS Old White.
This is what they looked like before waxing.


I first put a coat of clear wax and then added the dark wax.
The chair on the left just has the clear wax.  
I like it more distressed looking so I put dark wax on both.
This is what they looked like before I buffed them.


Here they are all buffed and ready to be sold.





What do you do with your brush after you wax?
I heard this simple tip from Miss Mustard Seed's Waxes 101 Video, soak your brush in some veggie oil.
So I have a cup that I keep the oil.

This is my brush after waxing the chairs.


I let it soak for a couple of minutes.


I then took my Dawn dish detergent and squirted some on the brush as I rinsed it of with warm water.
This is what my brush looks like now.
Before I got wax, I used this brush when applying wood stain.  
This brush was so stiff from the stain.  
After doing this little treatment to my brush, the bristles are so soft!


Happy Painting!


Linking up with:











Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



Furniture Feature Fridays








Photobucket





10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the brush tip. The chairs turned out so cute, and like them so much better with paint. All that waxing and buffing is hard work, sure gives the ole muscles a workout. Terrific transformation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great tip about the oil for the brush. Always handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Looks NEW! You are so good to your brushes. :) I'm a mean artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered doing a small informational class, on how to do these wonderful waxing projects. For those of us who are a little scared and who have no clue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet @Ozarks Livin'October 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM

    Great tip. I know just the brush I will try this on. Your chairs look great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out very vintage nice. I read the tip about oil for the wax-hardened brushes, and that is what I do, too. I have just rubbed it on, with mixed results - I like your idea of having a cup of oil to soak the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little chairs have a lot more personality with the dark wax. I have been playing around with my ASCP and waxes but have not done anything much with it yet other than test swatches. I'll have to remember the tip about the oil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I love your chairs! They look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely perfect! I love them! :o) Thank you SO much for linking up!!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...