"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Homespun Quilts

I've been so busy painting lately, that I needed a change from the paint brush.
 I am so thankful for the variety of crafts that I can do.

I decided to make some quilts
I love quilting. 
 It is so relaxing to me.

So I got my Homespun material out and my Thimbleberries Quilt book.


I pieced a small quilt and a runner.


You can always tell a quilt that I hand quilted because I always do a stippling design.
I call it crazy quilting--quilting in all different directions.
I love the look of it.
After I am finished quilting, I like to coffee/tea dye my quilts.
I really like the primitive look, so for all you people that like white, bright quilts, I suggest you stop reading.:)



I soak them in this mixture and let them set over night.



I then let them hang to dry.
This is the day that I had furniture in my kitchen because we were painting the other rooms.
It was quite crowded.


My camera really doesn't capture a clear picture of what they look like.
You can tell that it is not quite white anymore though.





4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! You are a very talented lady! I have tried quilting but I am NOT good at it. I love the tea-stained effect too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job on this quilt!! I think your quilting talent is awesome. I am so delighted to be following back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I LOVE your quilts!!! Sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! Love the pattern! xx Rani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...