"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Victorian Beauty


 I thought this organ stool was a lovely little gal when I saw her at a yard sale.
She was $5.


I loved her Victorian Iron legs.


I know some may have really liked her seat cover,
BUT it had to go for me. 
 I did not like it.
I was picturing her brighter in color.


I painted her with Annie Sloan's Old White.
Waxed her with Fiddes & Sons Clear wax first and then Jacobean on the areas I wanted distressed.


For the seat, I bought a seat cushion form, and I traced the shaped of her seat onto the cushion.


I cut it out with scissors, it was hard to do, and tacked it with some glue so it would stay in place.


I had bought some French linen or muslin--haha I don't know what it is called.  
I called it lovely:)
I first tacked one side.  Then I tacked the opposite side pulling it to make it tight as I tacked.
I continued this process on the other sides too.


Once she was all tacked, I cut the extra fabric off and got some lacy ribbon.


I hot glued the lace over the tacks.


This really brought out her beauty!
Isn't she lovely!


The dark wax really brought out the design and softened her Victorian legs.

















Keeping It Simple



















Furniture Feature Fridays

16 comments:

  1. What did you do with the original cover? I like how it turned out. Is it for your sale or for the house
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the linen and love the old white. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice transformation. I like it very much.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling stool! What a deal for $5. I'm with Marge what did you do with the original cover, I loved it!
    Needle point like that is hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought almost this exact same bench at our goodwill (but for a whopping $15 :) ). I'm looking forward to re-doing it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a change. She looks beautiful now. I love that you added the lace also. It's such a pretty finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love it!! I have some great news for you - you have been awarded the Versatile Bloggers Award! You can find out more by going blog.
    Have a great weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. just lovely! this would be so great at my blog party From Trash to Treasure. I hope you'll join!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful before and after! Nice job! Also, I've read that an electric carving knife is great for cutting foam, though I have yet to try it. Have a blessed week! MaryC merrymntnmom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've given you "The Versatile Blogger" award on my blog http://www.krista-artista.blogspot.com today, please come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I think I agree with you! The original cover is nice, but your redo is fab.

    Love the legs;)
    Came by from shades of amber
    www.scrapmebaby.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how it turned out~ Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great transformation. Love the legs - so graceful. And a steal of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out so great! Thanks for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...