"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, November 7, 2011

"Laundry" Dilemma


Remember this?


I thought this piece would make a cute sign.

So I painted it with one coat of Annie Sloan's Old White.


I decided to write the word "laundry".
I thought it would be cute to hang with this framed laundry bag I did.


I printed off the word in a font that I thought would be cute.
It is cute too, BUT.....


It is also crooked.
Now I really didn't care or think of how crooked it was until I had the brilliant idea of putting hooks on the sign.  You know...to hang some laundry on.


I thought these hooks would look great.
And they did until I put them on the sign.


Now I don't like my sign.


What should I do?
Should I keep them on there?

Oh that saying is so true about "taking a picture because it lasts longer".
I don't like looking at it!

Linking Up with:


Photobucket








shabby creek cottage





Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

14 comments:

  1. Where is it crooked? You mean it's not centered? It's neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO CUTE! It's people like you that make me hesitate to throw anything out. lol What a great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I think if you found a cute couple of little old socks or fill a little bag with some vintage clothespins or something you could hang them from the hooks and have cute vignette going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of it, but I know what you mean. Crooked or off center might bug me, too. It would be all I saw. SOOO, how about adding a little something to the end of Laundry, a little squiggle or swash of some kind like you see on old signage sometimes? I think you could find something at Graphics Fairy and retro-fit it. Your sign is still really sweet, though. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with Revi on that one - it would bug me to death and I think adding a squiggle or something would be exactly what I'd do. But if you wanna know the truth.... I never would have noticed it was crooked and I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! I like the hooks, but if you don't then take them off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes your sign is cute. Yes the word is not centered, but solve that by extending the upper tail of the y with a swirl and it will then be centered. I have done this before and it fixing a lot of small mistakes like yours. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks adorable! You're being too hard on yourself, girlie! :) It looks charmingly vintage and homemade. Just perfect! The hooks really add a sweet touch to it.

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love what you have created! I have learnt over the years never to draw attention to any imperfections...no one ever seems to notice. You should be really thrilled with the end result!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so very pretty!! I love the idea of using a headboard as a sign!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remove the hooks, plug the holes and re-paint. Life is too short to live with something you don't like. It's a lovely sign.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great repurpose! It's not crooked too badly...maybe put both hooks on one side?
    Thanks for sharing it at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So charming!! Thanks so much for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...