"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shadow Box Medley

Oh what do you do with such a white slate?
A big 3' shiny shadow box.
Is this why the lady said I could have it for $1?


I know what I'll do; I 'll go blogging for ideas!
You ladies out there have such neat ideas.

Sheet music seems to be an option.
I wish I could remember which blog I saw where a lady covered her cabinet with sheet music.

That's it!!

That is what I'll do.

I'll cover the inside with sheet music.


That beautiful shiny frame must be covered in Annie Sloan's paint--Paris Grey.
I love the lines in the frame.
They just cry out for some Old White highlighting!


It is so blah without some dark wax.

It seems to lack the character that it could have with a little bit of Jacobean dark wax.

There!!!

That is what I was picturing!


Some age....

Lovely!

Wow! only $1?!


Some of you may wonder where you can buy Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.
I know of two Stockist that you may buy from.  I know there are many.
Here are the two I am familiar with:

Robyn Story Designs
&
Shades of Amber

Here is another little shelf I painted with Annie Sloan's Old White


It is so nice to be able to paint right away and not have to worry about sanding.
I never would have thought about painting this shelf before ASCP.  
The only thing I don't care for is all the buffing.
I still like it though:)




Linking Up With:








Photobucket









Furniture Feature Fridays

16 comments:

  1. WOW!! I LOVE the shadow box!!! So neat!!! (and I love the new BIG sign in your other post, too!! Yay!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I absolutely
    LOVE how that came out!!
    What an awesome find and an
    awesome way to redo it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a brilliant idea! And there are many of us out here who would really gravitate to something with sheet music...or even maps! in a shadowbox. Fantastic idea. :-)

    Be sure to stop in at Cranberry Morning and enter my 5-Bar Handcrafted SOAP'n'SUCH GIVEAWAY. Ends Friday night at 10 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the shadow box! I love the ASCP too, who needs all that prep work? The buffing is a bit wearing, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shadow box turned out so cute! With the sheet music it makes me think a bunting would look great strung across the front in a kitty-corner manner. Will it be sold at your craft show? You sure can get a lot more than a dollar for it now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love how this turned out...beautiful!! I'm your newest follower!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love how this turned out...Beautiful! I'm your newest follower.
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a huge difference! I love the new look. The frame really stands out now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shadow box. It looks amazing with the sheet music and chalk paint. I need to try some of that.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! That shadow box looks fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great shadow box! I just love that they are coming back in style like other vintage things! I have one that is mirrored -- it's still waiting for it's makeover though :)
    Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - das ist eine ganz tolle Arbeit !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo pretty!! I'm just jealous that you were able to get that shadow box for $1!! I've always loved shadow boxes and when the dollar store had mini ones for $1 each I bought about 10 of them!!

    Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cool! I love all projects with any kind of vintage looking book pages so of course this caught my eye---thank you so much for sharing and linking up!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...