"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Shuttering" with Patience


It is a slow day here for my sale, so I thought I would blog about a shutter I made for my craft sale.
I miss blogging and checking out everybody's projects.  I am looking forward to some relaxing evenings where I can just browse again.

I've had these shutters for years.  
They are small -- about 24"
My son took out all the slats.


I had to fill the holes in with wood filler.
I couldn't find my hubby's spatula that he uses, so I came up with my own "spatula".
The kiddos thought I was crazy.


After the holes were filled in, I got out my ASCP Old White and painted it.
I also used a graphic from The Graphics Fairy.
 I copied the word "Family" in Word with a font that I liked, 
and transferred both using the Charcoal Pencil Method.

After I waxed it with clear and dark wax, I got out the chicken wire and tacked it to the back.


Now you can place pics of your family inside the shutter.

I also made one that looks just like this, but it says Friends.

It was a fun project.

I painted two other shutters black, sanded them so that the yellow would come through, and then stained them.  I am still waiting for them to dry and that was Monday night.  This is another reason I LOVE the Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint--because I have no patience :)

Please don't forget to enter my Giveaway which ends Sunday Dec.11.

Linking up with:







6 comments:

  1. Love the shutter, great way to recycle it:) I would use one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I must learn that technique of printing. And, this piece can go with any decor`
    Thanks for sharing! Hello, I just found your blog and love it and your concept! I am your new follower...Please stop by to visit and become our follower too...I'd love have you there to share your creativity with our family of friends>
    Hugs and Best Wishes,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shutter is wonderful. I have been working with chicken wire and using it for frames. This is a new take on it. Love it!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I am really into shutters and I have always wanted to redo one. Yours turned out fab! I would love for you to come link it up to my party if you had the time. http://www.literallyinspired.com/2011/12/wytbw-sweet-little-french-fries.html

    Hope to see you there!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this idea. It's gorgeous. Now to find an old shutter and give it a try.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I am pinning this and I WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...