"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Decorating with New Things--A Good Change

I do not care for change, but I love decorating with our new Christmas presents.
Decorating is fun to me now.  I find myself rearranging all the time.
I like a new look around the house.  This is good "change" for me.

Decorating was not a big thing in my home when I was a child.
 Growing up I lived in an apartment that had crazy paneling on two walls, purple paint on one and yellowish, white paint on the other wall of our living room.  It was a rented apartment and my mom will be the first to admit, she really didn't mind it--she likes color.  :)

I on the other hand could not stand it.  
I never said anything to my mom growing up, but I was bound not to have purple walls in my house.

What color did my 13 year old want to paint her room?  That's right, Purple.

I told her that we could accent her room with purple and that we would paint the walls yellow.
Slowly we have turned her room into what she wanted.  She even has purple curtains.  We got her this purple lamp for Christmas.  She made her dry erase picture frame from a yard sale find and painted the pencil can purple herself.  
Her daddy even gave her a purple note pad.


This tea cup rack was a gift to her also.
She decorated it with her tea cups...that cute chubby baby is her at the hospital the day she was born.


This made room in my china cabinet for Dan's Grandmom's china.
She gave it to me when she moved into an apartment at a retirement home back in 1995.

This is one of our visits at the retirement village years ago.
She has since passed away.
Her china was in a china cabinet for years until I had to sell the cabinet to help pay off debt.
Now it has a new home in my china cabinet I found on craigslist this past year.
The top shelf is my everyday teacups, and the bottom two shelves is her china set.


Being able to display and use them again feels like a present to me.


Since I didn't sell my table runners at my craft sale this year, I chose to keep one for myself.  I think I have a total of 1 small quilt out of  20-25 that I have made over the years.  
This will be quilt #2 for me to keep.
I love it on my table.  
Now if I could keep the boys from spilling their new calligraphy ink all over it I will be happy.


My mom gave Bessy this hand painted rack.--painted by my Friend
I love the farm scene. 


I bought myself this star at the Christmas Tree Shop for 74 cents.
I love it.  
I also kept that shelf I made HERE.


Now I am soon ready to take down the Christmas decor and return to normal life.
I think I will wait till next week, after New years....... I think  :)

How about you?  How long do you leave your Christmas decorations out?

1 comment:

  1. Love the lamp you brought for your daughter. Your Christmas decorations are lovely: I've taken all mine down now ready for a new fresh year. Happy New Year! ... :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...