"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, December 16, 2011

Small Gift Idea

Our neighbor invited our family to come to his church to play Christmas songs for their Dec 23rd service.
They have a small church.
He told me there may be about 20 people.
The majority are senior citizens.

We enjoy the opportunity to serve the Lord with our music.
I wanted to be a little blessing to them by giving them a homemade ornament.

I thought that a penny rug snowman head would be perfect.

Here is a little tutorial for those of you who are interested in maybe making one.

Here is what you need:

3 different felt fabrics
Cardstock
Freezer Paper
Cutting board
A Circle Cutter
Needle and Floss(your choice of color)


First, I needed to make a template.  
I set my circle cutter at 1 in., 1.5in, 2in., 2.5 in., and 3in.
I cut holes at all these sizes and labeled them.


I then cut freezer paper to fit on the felt piece I used.
I ironed the shiny side to the felt.
I traced on the inside of my template

You will need:

1 white 2 in. circles
1 black 2.5 in. circles
2 red 3in. circles

to make ONE ornament


I cut out the circles. 
(During this process, the freezer paper might come unattached--just iron it down again before cutting)
After cutting, peel the freezer paper off and throw away.

Next I stitched a snowman face on the white.
I then attached the white to the black circle using the blanket stitch.



I wanted to add a homemade tag to each ornament too.



I am so excited to give them one!


Enjoy!



Linking Up With:




5 comments:

  1. How cute are these...and they look easy to make! What a treat for them...they are sure to enjoy the pretty colors! Thanks for sharing this craft tip...

    Best Wishes,
    Loretta xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I never made anything like this, but always wanted to. Thanks for sharing... I think this is easy enough that I can give it a try.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese are adorable and I love that you wanted each person to get a little homemade ornament. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to do this- esp since many at the church are seniors!

    Smiles while I visit from Takes of a Trophy Wife's WILL CRAFT FOR....linky party,
    Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...