"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, January 27, 2012

Good-Bye January


I know Valentine's Day is coming up fast, but I wanted to share a little Snowman felt ornament before I say good-bye to January.

We were invited over to a couple's house for dinner.  As I walked into their home, I was surrounded by Blue, Silver, Snow Flakes, and Snowmen--Lots of snowmen.
We had a great time talking with each other.  As I sat and listened, I couldn't stop my mind from thinking that I have to make a little ornament for her as a "thank you"

I needed a pattern for a star.
I had this star hanging in my living room, and I thought it was the perfect size to make my pattern.


At Christmas I had a lady give me some yarn and in the bag was this blue felt.
It was the perfect color to match our hostess's home.

I traced the pattern on a double layer of felt and cut it out.


I separated the blue stars that I just cut--one will be the backing.

I cut a 2in circle of white felt out for my snowman head.
Using floss I sewed a face onto the white circle.
I blanket stitched my Little Man to the center of the star.
I then proceeded to sew little snowflakes in the corners of the star.

I placed the second blue star on the back and finished it off with the blanket stitch going around the star.


My Hostess loved my Little Man!

Okay, bye to snowmen and January!


9 comments:

  1. Hi,
    thanks for the follow..I like your work too!
    following back now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little snowman star! :-)
    and good riddance to January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative & cute!! You do great snowman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is tooo cute! Have a nice evening! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute ! Will we see them next year @ the craft show? Everyone needs one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I may be copying this one next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love snowmen! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...