"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, January 16, 2012

Window Change

I'm not sure if you all remember this window.
It came from our attic.
I made the twiggy wreath from some twigs in my yard.

I had a customer from my craft sale that was interested in the window, but she wanted a fabric star to go in the center.


So I purchased this star.
Okay, for all you Shabby Chic Ladies now would be a good time to leave my blog.
This star is about to turn into some 'homespun' love. :)


I used Elmer's glue and a paint brush to apply some glue all over the star.


I then took my homespun fabric, placed it over the star, and rubbed it smooth with my hand.


I cut around the star leaving about an inch and a half of fabric to fold under the star.


I applied another layer of glue on top of the fabric.


Folding the fabric around the edge of the star, I did the same process of applying the glue and fabric to the star.


Now for the saying on the window.
My customer wanted burgundy as her color.
She didn't care really what it said.
I had to paint over this saying since it was barn red.

I sanded over the lettering.


I painted 2 coats of a mix of 2/3 red and 1/3 black on the board.


I then painted the saying with a linen color.
After the paint dried I applied a coat of Minwax's Walnut Stain to the board, and I let it soak in for a minute or two before wiping in the stain.


This is what it looked like after I rubbed the stain in.
I also put some rustic stars in between the words.


I hope my customer likes it.


My camera really doesn't do the colors justice.
So sorry for the bad photo.


As for my Twiggy Wreath.....


It found a home on my wall.
I love it!


Happy Crafting!

Linking Up With:



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I love the country, rustic look! You have a great eye for design!

    "Keeping Up With the Joneses"
    www.zachandashleyjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the star! Thanks for walking us through the process. I am sure your customer will just love it. Could that wreath look anymore perfect by your cabinet? I think not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the window turned out. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the window turned out. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, what a fabulous job you did on the star and the window. It looks great. I'm sure your customer will be thrilled with it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! I adore this cozy, homespun look...I have a chair in a very similar plaid! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & giving me some "lamp feedback". I'm following you back!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! You're so creative. Love the star placed in the window - I'm now on the look out for another star - THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of it. Love that twiggy wreath on your wall - perfect placement. And I really like what you did with the star. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...