"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, February 18, 2012

This Is Your Winter


What a gorgeous winter we are having here in Pennsylvania!
I am sorry for all of those people that love snow.
A couple of things I don't like about winter is the shorter days, snow, ice, and the cloudy, gloomy days.


BUT this year is different!
We have had temperatures in the 40's sometimes hitting the 50's.
Such bright sun-shiny days!


February usually drags on for me.
I would find myself pining over garden books and magazines.  
Wishing for the sun to be out and my house to be warm.


This year my cousin gave me some dried lavender.

I love dried flowers--keeps the garden around all year long!
I love the smell of them too!



The simple fragrance of my dried flowers.



The sunlight beaming through the window.

Two mile walks with my hubby and kiddos.


I feel like the Lord said, "Tammy, this winter is for you"


Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, I LOVE your shelf!! And that lavender is perfect!! I actually grew some lavender this year and it didn't die!! I found out it doesn't like to have its roots wet: elevated dirt with sand in the mix. I grew the bushy kind though. I want to get some of this traditional kind to grow! LOVE it!! And yes, I'm READY for spring! This winter seemed weird though, like it never really came. Happy you had a nice winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am with you on this! We've had an amazing winter, here in ON, too! We've hardly had any snow, and I think I 've only had to shovel the walk 2, maybe 3 times all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for Spring, our winter is horrible with no snow so may as well move on. I just ordered several fruit trees to start my orchard. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are so soothing and beautiful! We have had a mild winter here to with the exception of today....... snow, snow, snow.... a really bad day! I can imagine how good your house smells. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had a really mild winter here too. I can't help but think it is just delayed and when spring is finally suppose to be here we will be having winter finally. I sure hope not though!!! LOL
    Have a great week!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...