"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More "Trash to Treasure" for My Bedroom

My bedroom is S-L-O-W-L-Y coming together.
My son and I found this cute rocking chair out for trash yesterday.

I snatched it up quickly and started to work on it right away.
I knew it was going in my bedroom, and that AS Duck Egg was going to be all over it.


Why was it in the trash?
As you can see in the photo below on the left, one of the spindles was broken.  I sawed off the broken piece.
Hubby came home from work right about that time, and he suggested that I saw off the other side to make it even.


That is what I did, and it is perfect --for me :)


After dinner, I started to paint one coat of ASCP Duck Egg.
I was too tired to apply the wax last night.
This morning I applied the clear and dark wax to it.
I love what the dark wax does to a piece.


Here it is!
A lovely piece for our bedroom.


A place to sit and just enjoy some peace and quiet.


I am still waiting for that bed.
I know it is out there somewhere.

Linking Up With:
PhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridays

12 comments:

  1. That's my dream chair right there! How amazing that you found it in the trash! I need to keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would someone throw that adorable rocker away?! Great find and fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! Love that colour too.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's an awesome find! Great job and awesome color! :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Your making me want that Duck Egg Blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chair did need your tlc. You did a great job on it. I do like that color. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me!! I need a touch of your vision. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this chair turned out. I just picked up some chairs on the side of the road and need to start painting them. I am following you now. Tricia @seekingecochic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...nice save! Ingenious to cut the other spindle off. The color is beautiful. I'm visiting from Nifty Thrifty Things. I love your blog and am a new follower.

    Have a lovely week!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your rocker, what a beauty,love trash don't you?? go to my blog and see what someone threw away, and I pick it up, a beauty also,

    great job

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chair, and the color. I found your blog thru Green Willow Pond, and I love it. I have become your newest follower and can't wait to browse. It is amazing what people put in the trash. I love to decorate my home also,(on a budget). Have a great week. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...