"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Windows, Windows, Windows

A friend of mine dropped off some windows and things.  
She said, "Go create something with these."
WOW!
Scary for me.
She said that she loves what I create; so just do whatever I think will look good.
Oh the Pressure!
She did give me the colors that she wanted.

Such neat windows!

 

I started with painting the windows with a mix of Barn Yard Red Folk Art paint and some Wrought Iron.
I also stained them with some Dark Walnut Minwax Stain.
I thought I would add some chicken wire to the smaller window.


This window was going to have the wreath she gave me.  
I had some small rustic stars in my craft supplies.
I brushed a little Annie Sloan's Old White on them and clear waxed them.


Here is the smaller window.


She gave me a small star and a big star.
I painted them with Annie Sloan's Old White and waxed them with Fiddes & Sons clear and Jacobean Dark Wax.
She wanted some berries on the window.
This was the last of my burgundy and white berry supply.


I made a sign out a board from a pallet.
I painted "Family/ Friends" on the sign, because when I think of this lady, I think that Family and Friends are important in her life.

The pallet board had 2 holes right in the middle...perfect for my project.



I put holes in the star and wired it to the sign with the berries underneath.


Here is the finished second window.


I love this window--just the window itself has character.


I tied a little homespun to the big star.


I hope this is what she had in mind.
The smaller window can hang tall or wide.


Simple....
I like simple.



Linking Up With:



8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I really like the star and berries in between the Family and Friends! Your friend is going to luv it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing, I can see why she trusts you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gimme the little window! It's perfect for a project I'm working on!!!

    Fabulous job - as always! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out just great. Love the look, you are so creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The windows turned out Awesome!
    You did a wonderful job!!
    Happy Easter to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always know what to do Tammy! I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite~their both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old windows and pallets. I need to get started on a pallet sign. I'm gitty with ideas thanks. Tricia @ SeekingEco Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your windows look fantastic. Did you get to keep one of them? My friends are often signing me up for projects too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...