"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Different Tastes = a Fun Home!

I am so thankful for the different personalities in our family.
I am so glad the Lord decided not to make everyone in your family have the same likes and dislikes.
I have three boys.
My oldest will tear anything a part and be happy to keep every tiny piece as a collection.
Yes, his room reflects that fact.
The middle son will be very content to draw, paint, or read hours upon hours. 
He takes his time at doing everything.  He also likes to collect things.  I notice he likes shiny things,
from expensive gold looking things to glass.  
My youngest, he is the one that inherited the Craigslist dresser.
I am beginning to see in him the same taste as me.
Except for the snow globe collection, he seems to like primitive, earthy colored things.
Like me, he would rather do something with his hands than read a book.
We are both very good at looking at the pictures in a book or magazine.
He likes tea-dying paper to make it look old.
He likes the Revolutionary War.
He likes Americana!
I know there are some differences in our taste.
But.....
He flatters me by liking what I make:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the dresser, your son should be thrilled to get it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your son's room. I do not have children, but two nieces and a nephew. The two girls are very much like me to the point their mothers call me their "real" mother and they are the "birth" mothers! I get to borrow them for several weeks a year. My nephew is unlike any one in the family except he is passionate about collecting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...