"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, August 27, 2012

Enjoying Main Street in PA

What a wonderful Saturday!
This past Saturday our boys were invited to a birthday party;
Hubby, Bess and I were left to explore the small town of Shrewsbury, Pa.
I think I am definitely your small town kind of gal.
Sometimes I just enjoy walking around town, dreaming about the history of what took place years ago.
I know my mind truly romanticizes the old days.  
There are many Antique shops in these old homes along Main Street.
As I walked into one, I forgot about the antiques, and I couldn't help but think of how someone lived in this tiny-roomed, uneven-floored home.  It had to have been an old log cabin.  It seriously felt like the house was leaning as I walked down the wide planked floors of the small hallway from bedroom to bedroom.
The outside was nothing to look at just whited siding, but my imagination made it a beauty to me.
We traveled down Old York Rd to go to the Amish Markets to get some Occident flour and ice cream.
I love using Occident flour for my pies and homemade bread.
Actually I use it for everything :)
Hubby bought me a tea cup at the last Antique shop we visited.
He knows how much I love the look of the brown Transferware.
This is the marking on the bottom of the plate.
According to Janice Paul's Website
My teacup dates between 1940-1950
My friend gave me this creamer as a gift this past year.
I know it doesn't match,
BUT......
It's brown :)
I know those are coffee beans instead of tea leaves.
What can I say?
I love coffee.
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Dan & Bessie in the big chair. :) I don't know if I ever saw brown tea cups. I do like it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful brown transferware! I'm starting to get a liking for it too! Sounds like a nice weekend! I was busy!!! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brown transferware too!!!! I also love Shrewsbury! I have been there many times. Did you go to the antique place in the yellow building. From the outside, it looks small. Inside it is huge!! Great shops! Glad you enjoyed it!

    BLessings!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teacup & saucer & it goes perfect with the pitcher. By the way Dan & Bessie girl look cute in that chair. I really liked going there, it's a good thing I did't have money I would have spent it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...