"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Simple Piece

I don't mean to rush Christmas by any means.  
It comes and goes too fast.
But....
I was working on another felt picture for my craft sale coming up way too soon!
I decided to do a primitive tree.
I added a pair of birds and some penny ornaments to the tree.
I took this frame that I got at a yard sale for 50 cents and painted it Annie Sloans Cocoa.
I love finding great frames and re-purposing them!
I then dry brushed some AS Old White over the Cocoa
 and finished it with clear and dark wax.
Just a simple piece.
Kind of like I wish Christmas could be!
 I want a simple kind of Christmas this year :)

14 comments:

  1. Love the 'penny' ornaments. Cute picture. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a simple Christmas as well and this sweetly framed tree would typify the season for me! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful - stitchery and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet this is! I love the simplicity but depth of this piece. Di@Cottage-wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Very simple and primitive. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very lovely, what a great job on the frame and the felt! I like simple too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the frame and the felt project, both turned out lovely! I'm with you, simple for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To darn cute, you need to open a full time shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree but where would you find time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! I love your work. Do you sell stuff online or just at craft shows??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas tree looks great! Great idea.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was glad to see the finished product...the birds look great. See you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!! I love your felt pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...