"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, November 12, 2012

I Painted My Fridge

It was Bessy's idea!
Well, it was her idea that I paint a small chalkboard on the freezer door to hide all the imperfections.
Then it dawned on me to paint the whole thing with chalkboard paint!
Why not make the both doors chalkboards.

I had this fridge for almost 18 years.
We paid $299 for the thing.
The only problem with it is that it is dented from all our moves
 and started to get rusty spots on it.
My hubby and I made a decision 8 years ago to pay cash for everything that we want to purchase.
So...
 because I can't buy the latest and greatest, I end up trying to re-purpose a lot of things that really aren't broken and still have some life.
So even though I want a new fridge because mine is ugly--it still works.
We taped it off
and painted it!
Oh the possibilities!
I can write:
~ a list of things I need to get for groceries
~any reminders or appointments
~messages for hubby, kiddos and grandma
or
~draw pictures on it for my sale :)

20 comments:

  1. Looks awesome :) ! SO need to do it ! I know about banged things :) army moves all around and everything is banged out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! A definite improvement, I love your little drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! That is awesome! I love it!!!!!!
    Great idea! Oh the trouble you can get in with a can of chalkboard paint though...

    Blessings!!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea, Tammy. You sure gave great new life to your fridge. Love it!! I am moving it to my FB page for all to see. By the way. I gave my bestie her Christmas present (wanted her to be able to decorate with it this year) and she loved it. She commented on how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy it is beautiful...love it, love it, love it!!! Great idea Bessie Girl! Beautiful chalk drawing also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. You're a brave woman! But I like it - and now I'm looking at my old refrigerator and wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! what a great idea!! i love how consistant you are with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Tammy, that is INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE it!!! You are so clever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this fridge - what a great idea. I am trying to squeeze every bit of goody left in my 22 year-old refrigerator. The black would be welcomed in my kitchen. Did you use regular store-bought chalkboard paint? Did you have to prime it first?

    Oh, tell me something good, Tammy. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very chic and I applaud your courage! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy, you are unbelievable! and brave ! Bessie girl, I love your pic. You are so cute! I can't get over this it's great I love your drawing on it. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Love the fridge and love the pay cash philosophy too!
    ~cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great! You are so brave...I would be so nervous to paint my fridge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...