"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Primitive Stocking Made Out of Fencing

Before I get started on this post, I would like to say that if you think I have any creativity at all I know it comes from The Lord --the greatest Creator ever.
I know He gives me the ideas that pop into my head.
He deserves the credit, and I give it all to the Lord.

I was asking myself,
"What can you do with some old fencing?"
My son found this fencing outside in our neighbor's trash.
I thought okay, I can make some of those cross country ski porch decorations.
I wasn't too keen on the idea, because I know it was an old idea.
Plus, I really didn't have the stuff to make it look Primitive enough for me.
Then suddenly it popped into my head.
Christmas Stockings!!!
I cut the boards on a 15 degree angle.
 I painted four of them with Annie Sloans' Coco
and one I painted with a mixture of Engine Red and Black Folk Art Paint.
I wanted a saying on them.
I used the Tempus Sans ITC font in Word and printed off the lettering on plain paper.
 I transferred the lettering onto the wood by coloring on the back of the paper with white chalk,
and then on the front I traced over the letters with a pencil.
I used my white paint Sharpie marker to color in the letters.
I marked where I was going to drill the holes,
so that I could attach the top part of the stocking to the bottom part.

Using craft wire I attached the pieces together like this.
I added some tea dyed cheesecloth, a rusty bell, and star for decoration.
We'll see how or if they sell :)

14 comments:

  1. "Every good and perfect gift is from above..." Thank you for your testimony! With that said, I LOVE THIS! I love how you joined the pieces with wire! Oh, how perfectly prim! They would look fabulous on a front door! Thank you for sharing the font too. I love that font. I have some large stocking cutouts that I was wondering how to finish them. You have given me some good ideas! But I love the old wood! Way to recycle!

    Blessings!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and what a great use of something someone threw away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a God-given talent for seeing unique creations from ordinary things. How helpful to have a son who brings home cool stuff to work with. His future wife is going to love you for that!

    I am sure the stockings will sell - they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you have made something beautiful from something cast-off. I'm sure it was sent to you for that reason. You should keep one just to remember that moment and the rest will sell I am sure. Happy Sunday morning from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea!! Love this Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Love this idea!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really different & they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very creative. I am so glad you are giving glory to the Lord! I am sure those will go quickly. Thanks for the idea...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! I have been thinking of making rustic stockings myself and I never thought of using wood. Thanks for the inspiration I love them and good luck with your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea. I can just picture them lining a walk way to the house with lights strung from one to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for linking up your project. You know how creative i think you are with the best found items. Hope to see you again next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea, one that I might just have to 'borrow'. I'm sharing some simple Christmas decorating outside this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...