"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Quilting

In high school I pieced my first quilt pattern, however I never quilted it.
I got into quilting when I was a newlywed.
I really like the quilted look.
I love the homespun material with muslin.
When I quilt, I don't quilt the outline of my pieced pattern.
No straight lines are in my quilts.
I like to do what I call 'Crazy Quilting'.
I think it almost looks like a jigsaw puzzle.
The other thing that I like to do with my quilts is to 'antique' them
with a solution of instant coffee, black tea bags, and a little dash of vanilla.
Unfortunately, I sewed the binding too tight and this table runner is not straight.
If you like unique and primitive, it is perfect :)

Do you like to quilt?

5 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try quilting. It looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to quilt. Just got into it last year. In the winter my mom and I hunker down in the basement of my parents home each Friday night and piece, sandwich, quilt and bind to our hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, that is one of my favorite part about hand made quilts. I love when you wash the and they tighten up, not in there original form. That's what makes the unique. I have only machine quilted, would love to do it by hand, but always seem to be on a mission without the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Clay is going to get me a sewing machine for graduation because I want to start quilting! I don't know how it will turn out but I'm excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like small projects, but not a whole quilt. Not patient enough :).

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...