"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A 25 Cent Candle Holder

I bought some little battery operated candles, and
I wanted to make a candle holder for one of them.
I bought this at a yard sale for 25 cents.
I tore out the old tin candle holder part so my little battery one would fit in it.
I painted it in Old White chalk paint.
Now I know that I should have waited for the paint to cure 
since I painted on metal,
but I didn't wait.
I waxed it right away, and when I buffed it the paint came off the edges a little.
I added some greens and then the candle.
You can see a little bit of the chipping on the edges.
I like chippy :)
I hammered a hole through the front and tied some twine 
to the back to hang some more greens to the front.


Sometimes it works out well to save things.


Linking up with:
Creative Cain Cabin

5 comments:

  1. Looks great. I dont think we can buy anything for 25c here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. Love it so much. I used to have those same candle holders in my other home. You will have to link your project up at my place on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I love cheap and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...