"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Homespun Garland

Don't know what to do with some homespun balls?
Make a Garland!
***
I just got my crafts back from the craft sale,
 and I decided to use some around the house.
I used the waxed ornaments to accent some greens.
I still had these homespun balls leftover.
I had wrapped some homespun fabric around a Styrofoam ball.
I then painted Elmer's glue all over it to stiffen the fabric.
I decided I wanted to make a garland.
I lined the balls up in the order that I was going to string them.
I took some twine string
made a loop at one end
and literally sewed the balls on the twine.

For the middle, I sewed on a metal star.
I tied some ripped muslin fabric between some of the balls.
This really needs to be hung on a mantel.
A mantel that I don't have :(
Maybe someday!

7 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable idea! I have some rag ball bowl fillers that I really am not loving them in the bowl! I can convert them using your idea! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    Blessings!!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and great way to use what you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This garland looks so festive and rustic. You know I love the torn muslin ribbons! I cannot imagine how hard it was to pull the needle through the ball. This would look great hanging over a doorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! New follower here mainly because everytime I visit I'm loving everything I see. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! I never tire of ragballs.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your site! I have found a wonderful way to trace letters onto wood. I use tracing paper, the kind you mark darts with on fabric. It comes in light and dark colors so it works on anything. A regular ballpoint pen traces perfectly. You may already know this but I hadn't seen it anywhere in your tutorials.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look great right where they are !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...