"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Milk Paint Barter

One plus at my craft sale this year was seeing a faithful follower of my blog in person.
She is such a sweet lady and fellow sister in Christ.
I met her for the first time at a wedding.  I was surprised to hear that she read my blog and was so interested in my craft ideas and my ramblings.
She and her daughter came out to my craft sale last year, and they were so kind to come out and visit me this year too.
I was so excited when she asked if I wanted to barter or make a swap with her.
She presented  me with some milk paint she had and asked if I would want it.
I said "Yes, of course!" 
I love the colors!
She then asked if I would paint these roosters that came from a house that was a little sentimental to her.
A house that she grew up in.
She just wanted the Roosters to look a little rustic.
She suggested a Mustard color.
So I decided to use the Mustard Milk Paint.
First, I lightly sanded them.
Second, I mixed the milk paint 1 part mixture to 1 part water.
It looked like a pumpkin color when I mixed it.
After I painted one coat on it and it began to dry, it looked more mustard in color.
I gave it another coat of paint,
and after it dried I sanded the edges to bring out the black paint.
I'm not sure if you can see the difference between these two photos,
 finally, I stained them with a dark walnut stain.
It definitely gave it that primitive look.



She picked them up tonight.
I was so happy that she really liked them.
I thought it was a great swap :)
I can't wait to try the Earth Green Milk Paint!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea - have paint, will paint! The roosters are so beautifully primitive in their milk paint goodiness. I still have not tried the sample you sent, but recently found out the store that carried it when I last used milk paint in the early eighties still carry it. So I am collecting pieces to paint. I just hope they turn out like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked the write up !! I pinned these to pintrest ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the Rooster and the worn through paint ! I pinned this to pintrest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...