"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sharing Some Homespun Christmas

It finally looks more like Christmas around here.
Some faux greens mixed here and there always brings a cozy, Christmas feel.

I'd like to start upstairs in our one and only restroom.
This is about the extent of my decorating in this room.
I took a child's chair and use it as a prop for our white Nativity.
A little linen tied around some greens.
In the Kitchen, the corner cupboard has been decked out for Christmas
with some faux greens and waxed ornaments.
I used some of my leftover craft items to decorate.
Here are some wax-covered fabric candy canes.
I also hung some wax-covered fabric ornaments on the garland.
Our Living Room showcases the main Christmas decor.
Here is my Homespun Christmas tree.
Below is a favorite of the kids, a little village and train.
Some vintage houses I got for Christmas last year.
The Nativity I received as a gift from the kiddos last year is nestled 
against a primitive tree with some faux greens.
White lights are a favorite of mine.
I have a little patriotic corner in our office area.
I made those little flags on the little tree for a craft sale way back in 2002.
They are fabric stiffened by brushing on some Elmer's glue.
I kept three of my patriotic cheese boxes that didn't sell.
They are holding fabric scraps.


I hope you enjoyed my little bit of a Homespun Christmas.
May we remember in the hustle and bustle of the season
the true meaning of Christmas.
" And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: 
for he shall save his people from their sins."
Matthew 1:21

Linking up with:



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Your homespun tree is pretty. I like your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little village with the train around the tree. So cute. and the bear in the box with that primitive tree is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything feels so warm and cozy! Love the vintage houses and the beautiful nativity scene that you received from your children. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look very festive! Happy Holidays! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so very pretty and truly homespun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your waxed ornaments, tammy! that's a sweet bear, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come "Home for Christmas"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved those waxed ornaments, also. Do you have a tutorial for those? The little chair with the nativity scene is my favorite. Your home is filled with the warmth of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so cozy. Love all your Christmas decor! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
















  10. Looking back at blogs ..... didn't really know anything about it before. Came across yours and love it. I waxed homemade fabric ornaments years ago. Had never seen any done before. It was so much fun finding your homespun ideas.
    Thank you! Hope to follow you.....................




    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...