"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbye Christmas!

Today was a beautiful day!
I woke up and headed out for a two mile walk with my youngest son.
When we got back, I was ready to tackle the Christmas stuff.
I had painted this corner cupboard for my craft sale, and it never sold.
I really wanted to use it, so I decide to put it in the corner where the school cabinet used to set.
This is what the corner looked like last January.
This is what it looks like today.
I love it!  
I used a crate for an end table--perfect!
In the opposite corner sets these wood boxes.
I got this one for Christmas from my mom.
It is a tobacco stacker.
I don't condone smoking, but my great, great grandparents had a cigar business
on their farm in the early 1900's. It all ended when the tobacco shed burnt down.
Although this box did not come from the Wilson farm,
I bought this "Wilson's Factory Special" box from my grandpa at his yard sale a few years ago.
It was one of the only things left over from the business.
It really is just a shell; there is no bottom.
The Wilson's Cheese box was a gift I received for Christmas from a good friend of mine.
So special!
I bought the garland that is on the window sill for $5 after Christmas,
 and I thought it could pass for a winter decoration on my porch.
My tree is looking pretty pitiful.
It blew over when we had high winds the other day, and I didn't think to fix it.
Funny how you don't notice things until you see a picture of it :)
I hear the temperature is going to be a little mild this week.
Yay!  more walks!
Sorry, I am not a winter person.

4 comments:

  1. Your space looks great Tammy. It is such a nice feeling to get all that stuff down and taken care of. I feel like it all collects so much dust. I was glad to throw my tree out the door. Good for you with your walking, I walk my dog 6 miles every morning no matter what the weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks amazing!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my tree up! I was planning on taking it down today but.....it may have to wait until tomorrow! What a neat family treasure!
    No apologies I am not a winter person either!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eνery time emаiled this blog ρost page to all my friеnds,
    foг the rеаson that if lіke to read it next my lіnks
    will tοo.

    Here is mу blog post ... how do nootropics improve brain power
    Feel free to surf my page : cognitive ability

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...