"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wool Skirts & a Special Star

Hope you all are having a good day!
I thought I'd share with you the way I store my felt and wool fabric.
First of all I got some wool fabric by first washing and cutting up some wool skirts that someone gave me.  They did not fit, and I thought they would be more of a profit to me if I used them for my crafts.
I cut them into the largest sections I could
and rolled them up and placed them into a cheese box.
They are actually stored in the in the middle box.
Since they did not sell at my sale,
I have put the cheese boxes to good use--holding my fabric scraps :)
Now before you leave,
I would like to share with you a project I did using a rusty tin star as my pattern.
I took some felt and using this rusty star I cut about a quarter of an inch all the way around the star.
and layered
it on three different colors.
I took the final star layer and used it as a pattern to for the star backing.
I nailed holes in the star and sewed it to the first layer.
I then blanket stitched all of the layers--one by one.
I hung it using some craft wire.
and sent it off to my hubby's aunt who had a star tree this year for Christmas.
This star was a little special to me because of who I was making it for.
As I made it, I prayed for a comfort only God could give to Aunt Sandy and her family
 as she lost her son who served our country well!
For Jimmy's remembrance.






7 comments:

  1. Thank You Tammy.I will cherish this star you made for me for ever.I cried when I received it in the mail.My.Son Sgt.James Lyons.was.a true Hero and served our country very well.He fought the fight in Iraq and I know some memories were hard for him to deal with.But God kept him safe to fulfill his duties for our Country which he loved.The Star will hang above his picture in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Tammy, that was so sweet of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the star will become a special one for Aunt Sandy since it was made in memory of her son. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How thoughtful and touching Tammy! It was beautifully made with love!
    Warmest Regards,
    Loretta http://shespoketome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling star, and so sorry to hear about your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your star is a very special ornament made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That star is so adorable and thoughtful. It's a nice tribute to one of our fallen soldiers. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...