"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, April 22, 2013

Kitchen Update #7

I finally got the bottom cabinets put in with a new counter top.
There was a 30 inch sink cabinet in the old layout.  We had to stick with that layout since we did not replace any of the top cabinets.  I wanted to have drawers instead of a big open cabinet next to the sink base.  The only size that they came in was 18"  I had 26"  to work with.  Buying the 18" drawers left me with 8" of empty space.  Our friend that put our cabinets in ended up modifying a 12" cabinet into an 8" cabinet.  I was thrilled!  Now it was time to paint them.  I painted them with AS Old White to match the top cabinets. 
Before waxing, I drilled my holes for the hardware.
I didn't like it that my sink base looked so bare, so I decided to add some metal plates that I had gotten free at a yard sale last year.  I taped them onto the cabinets to see how they would look.
Perfect, now all they needed was to be drilled and aged.
I drilled holes in the other end of each of them.
I sanded them and then stained them with Dark Walnut stain.
I nailed them to the cabinet face with some tacks.
Ahh!  Perfect!

Oh, I am just loving all the new storage!
Here's the Before:
and the After:
I hope you'll come back next week for the whole kitchen reveal.

7 comments:

  1. I have to come see this. How nice. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metal plates are a nice touch! Love it! Can't wait to see the complete reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is gorgeous, I love what you had done with it. The metal plates were genius! Amazing what we can do when we get creative with an impossible situation, eh!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I really like them!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be thrilled! What a transformation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...