"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Tisket a Tasket a Salt ~n~ Pepper Basket

What a busy weekend!  I truly do not like running around.  I don't like coming home to piles here and there because I didn't have time to put things away and tidy up.  It wouldn't be bad if it was only one person making a pile, but with six of us, that's a lot of piles!
I did manage to do a little project.

As many of you know I changed the look of my kitchen.  It has turned into a bit of an industrial look.  I decided to make a basket for my salt and pepper shakers out of chicken wire.
These were my supplies:
I measured and cut a piece of wood to length of my shakers.
I then began to fold, cut, and twist the chicken wire into a small basket.
I made a handle out of craft wire and stained the wood in dark walnut.
A perfect fit and it looks great on my coffee station with my scale :)
For the next couple of days, I am forced to stay home since hubby needs to get his brakes fixed on his car leaving me with no car.....YAY!!!

10 comments:

  1. wow, ist das eine suesse Idee ! und sieht wirklich klasse aus. So aehnlich hab ich mir mal vor laengerer Zeit einen Halter fuer Kuechengarn / Schnur gebastelt - liebe Gruesse aus Deutschland
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling, I love it:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bring you my shakers !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The basket is perfect for your kitchen. I have made chicken wire baskets before. Did you protect your hands? Are those enamelware shakers? How lucky to be without a car - no driving everyone to everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, I love it!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy I really like this...It looks nice there too!
    Loretta XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great, totally custom! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat!! That's really fun and quaint looking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...