"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Craigslist DSLR and Fixing a Lens

As many of you have already heard, I purchased a Nikon D60 on Craigslist for $200.
This included the 
camera
 18-55 mm lens
 55-200 mm lens.
There was a catch, the 18-55 mm lens had two plastic pieces broken on it, and it would not attach to the camera. I needed to get it fixed.  I am a DIYer, but I am not camera savvy at all.  In fact as many of you know I have a history of dropping and breaking cameras.  My hubby was quite nervous about purchasing a new DSLR for me.  So this one was perfect for a Rookie like me. 

Anyway the broken lens needed fixed, and as I researched it, many people said it would be cheaper just to buy a new lens rather than ask Nikon to fix it.  That meant another $196. 
 I kept searching and found this site How to fix a broken Nikon Lens



This is where the plastic was broken on my lens.
I did not buy the whole package that they bought on the site.  
I only needed to buy the BAYONET MOUNT. 
Here is my broken Bayonet Mount. 
 I found a new Bayonet mount on Amazon for $1.32. 
 I bought 3 just in case we broke the piece again in the future. I paid a total of $18 for three.  
With my hubby, the directions from the site, and lots of praying
 we fixed our lens for $6!
If you have a broken lens that won't attach to your camera, please check out the link above.  It can save you a lot of money if you or someone you trust can fix it for you!

Now, "How do I use this camera, honey?"
Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. You go girl, love that you fixed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to fix your treasure, but can I be dumb for a moment? What is a DSLR camera? Decades ago when I refused to sponsor the school yearbook another year, I stopped using any cameras other than point and clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember how I found your blog, but I am sure glad I found this post. I broke a lens last year AND had one that didn't lock onto the camera correctly. This was valuable info...I hope I don't need to use it! There are so many good sites out there to help you with your new camera. First, download the PDF instructional manual onto your computer, so much easier to read AND hold the camera. the site"iheartfaces" has good tutorials too. Thanks again for sharing your discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now this is an awesome find !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came accross your blog and started reading alongyour articles. I thought I want to leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading the postings. It is a really nice blog. I will keep visiting this.
    http://buyadslrcamera.org/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...