"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pallet Ironing Board Sign

Looking at an old ironing board, I was inspired to build a sign made from pallets.  After sanding some pallet boards, I glued them together with some wood glue, cut the one side to resemble an ironing board, painted them, and added some wording using the charcoal method.
Sorry but neither one of the green pictures above is the true color of the sign.  My camera could not capture it with the lighting in the room.  
I knew I wanted them to be aged, so I finally stained them in dark walnut.
 Viola!  Here they are! 
Before and after I stained them. 
The minty green is the true color of green.  It looks very vintage.

4 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find a site for larger outline fonts. (ink is expensive!) Can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint one white with black eyes for a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! They are absolutely adorable. I love to work with ballets. So much fun!!!!
    Have a happy happy time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.