"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, August 22, 2014

Second Reupholstered Chair Finished

Hubby and I bought these recliners about a year and a half ago.  As you can see the leather has peeled horrifically from both chairs.  The one chair's spring has sprung out of place.  I was very frustrated and sad to know we paid full price for junk.
 In comes this $5 yard sale beauty.
I decided to try to recover this with two $10 drop clothes instead of paying $170 for two recliner slip covers.  I am glad I did!
You can definitely tell I am a beginner, but I would so much rather look at my primitive craftsmanship over the painful site of that torn leather.  This chair has replaced the one recliner whose spring had sprung.  My boys tore it apart, and we kept some remnants to reuse.  They have crafted some bags, a cover for a knife, and notebook covers out of the leftover material.
 Ah, so refreshing to see!  I love that wood!
And...
For only $25!
Here are the items that the boys crafted:

4 comments:

  1. Your guys are so clever and crafty! Love the dropcloth slipcover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks great Tammy! I see it is settled in your corner. :) The boys did a great job too!!! You are all so talented. God Is Good! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...love that you turned a bad experience into a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.