"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Salvaging a Display Shelf

Every year I wonder how I am going to display my crafts for my open house.  If I have a cabinet, it usually ends up selling before my sale ends.  I was thrilled when hubby told me there was a shelving unit,out for trash, I might want .  When he brought it home, I was less thrilled.  The whole bottom was molded.  I instantly thought, "He took the time to go get this thing, you are going to salvage it!".  I asked hubby to cut the bottom completely off, and please help me build a bottom out of scrap and pallet wood.
Here it is.

I painted the whole thing in Annie Sloans' Old White to match my other display pieces for my Craft Sale.  If you notice, the shelves have a hole in them.  They get Plexiglas laid inside them. 
Well, the Plexiglas was all scratched up, so I wanted to cover them.  I decided to glue brown paper over them.  I am not thrilled with it, but it is just a display piece and will be covered.  I did not want to waste anymore paint on this thing so....
...here is the final product!
Nothing fancy, but will work perfect for me.
After all, it was FREE!

2 comments:

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.