"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, March 28, 2014

Not a Painter

A man had asked my son to draw a picture of his friend's house on this crock and paint it for him.
Now painting this lovely old crock that he found in the woods of his friend's home, just goes against my grain.  I mean it is going to take away such unique and lovely character of this piece.  He was sure he wanted my son to do this.
My son drew the house from a really badly blurred picture.  The picture was taken in the winter with no foliage.  My son tried to paint it, but asked me to do so.  Talk about nervousness, I am no painter and the result proves my beginner talent.  I was so wishing he had not asked us to do this.
Here is a pic before we detailed the rest with ink and pen.  This is not the finished product, but close to it.
 I think I'll stick to black and white.
It is so hard to do something that you don't enjoy doing.
This is one of the things I do NOT enjoy.

Spring is around the corner and hopefully I can get back to some projects that are swimming around in my head.

8 comments:

  1. You had to be dying on the inside to paint a crock. At least it can be removed later with little damage. How do I know this? Back in the 80's I was guilty of painting those cutesie country scenes on old crocks! Horrors. I have remove the paint from some of them and the rest are way away in other people's homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a wonderful job. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy you & H did a wonderful job. I remember when people were painting milk cans, they looked nice but I liked them natural. too each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope I'm there to see the finished product before he comes to get it. I think u & Harrison did beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh idea swimming around your mind. Can't wait. I would have a hard time covering that wonderful piece. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an amazing job for something you didn't enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.