"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, June 24, 2013

Making a Bench from an End Table

I am so excited to share this little project.  I have wanted to change a coffee table into a bench, but hadn't tried it.  I had this end table that my hubby wanted me to repaint for his office.  I wanted to stain the top in walnut, but I found out that the top is plywood.  Then the thought came to me to just turn this end table into a small bench.
My son popped off the table top, and we saved that for the bench seat.
I took the trim off of the sides and cut off the top half of the cabinet.
It looked like this after I cut it.   
I then added foam and covered it with a drop cloth.  I also made some piping out of a clothesline for a finished edge.
I love the hardware.  I had painted it in AS French Linen and then dry brushed some Old White over it.
I added a grain sack look with some frog tape and paint.
Here it is!

I guess it is more like a foot stool than a bench.  The drawer is a nice place to store some games too!


Linking Up With:

One More Time Events

13 comments:

  1. Tammy this is sooo pretty...love the entire process and the hardware is lovely also. Thanks for the share...you always have such great ideas!
    Hugs & Purrs,
    Loretta & Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two tables like that. It never even occurred to me to refinish them and put a nice cover on them. I love this. Perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bench! Such a creative way to get the grain sack look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really seeing beyond the obvious! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I have a wooden milk crate that I am planning on turning into an ottoman. I'm trying to decide whether to use dropcloth and add stripes like you did, or maybe burlap. I do like the look of yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great Tammy! Great Idea! Would love if you came by and shared it at Share it One More Time http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/06/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_23.html Hope to see you there...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great. I'm amazed by your talent. I like the idea of the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius and gorgeous...definitely have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job, I LOVE this!!! I am catching up on my blogging, via my blog, sorry it took so long.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy, you amaze me ! How God has blessed you with a creative talent !

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done that is a fabulous do over

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.