"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Natural Spring Porch Decor

I finally cleared the winter decorations from my porch.
The bird's have been faithful in visiting me every morning; I thought they were stealing twigs from my wreath and vines on my front porch to build a nest somewhere.  
 Little did I know that they were actually building a nest above my front door.  I carefully took down my faux evergreen swag that was hanging over these twigs.
 I was amazed that the nest was carefully built and intertwined into the twig swag that permanently hangs above my door.  I was admiring all the different resources from my garden that this little birdie used to build her nest.
 It wasn't until I took a picture that I realized it already housed a very precious little egg.
I am not sure if she will come back and lay more eggs or even lay on this one, but if you come for a visit be careful of any falling debris!

6 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I hope she comes back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious!!! I love Spring..new life is all around us.. nothing more evident than in the bulding of a nest and one tiny little egg.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think maybe that is some of my gray hair in the nest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pictures!!! Do you think maybe that is some of my gray hair in the nest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy what a great discovery. I hope she comes back for that little baby in that egg.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun discovery! You have your own personal front-door decorator! So glad you enjoyed my photos of Yorkshire sheep and fences, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.