"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, August 2, 2013

Keeping Busy

At the beginning of June I met a kind elderly couple at my impromptu Craft/Yard sale.  The man wanted me to paint a crab on a cheese box for him.  He seemed so happy with my first box; he would have an order for me every time he'd come to pick up an order.  It has been a true blessing to have had these small little orders.  He has kept me very busy. 
 I love to do more folk arty, primitive painting, and he has challenged me to step out of my comfort zone.  I have never liked to color in or paint things that I draw.  I always felt like I ruined my drawing by coloring or painting it.  So many of my crafts have always been basic black & white.

He stretched my creativity when he asked me to paint two signs for his son.  I glued some pallet boards together to get a rustic sign look and painted them sandstone and stained them with Minwax's dark walnut.
Here they are:
Can you guess which one is my favorite?
There's just something about black&white with me :)

5 comments:

  1. very nice! You really should do more color. Since God didn't stick to black & white but let His creativity flow maybe you could to ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know idea wish is your favorite, but you certainly have done a fabulous job in creating these two signs. Well done :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such wonderful work :) I love the red, white and black one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His son is going to be thrilled. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.