"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Three Paneled Shutter Find

Summer is coming to a close for us.  School books are ordered and Monday will begin another year of homeschooling.  I can't believe how time is flying!  This year I will have a junior, sophomore, an 8th grader and 7th grader.  My baby is going into the Teen Class next week :(  I have loved every day with my kiddos!  I am so thankful for the opportunity to Homeschool them.

Shutters!  I love them, but what I don't love is the price of them in the junk and antique shops.  This shutter was FREE!  
Yes, brought to me by the same household that threw away this lovely END TABLE.
We'll have to add the shutter to my list of projects.

Life has taken a huge change of direction for us.  I will post more about that soon.  
In the meantime, suggestions for the shutter?
I'll welcome them all.  
I may have to spend some time on Pinterest for a shutter idea :)

8 comments:

  1. Another great find. I also enjoyed homeschooling, I wanted my kids with me learning our morals. I know it's not for everyone, but it worked for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shutter! Valance, chalkboard, headboard, room divider, table top, ... well I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old shutters, doors and windows. They aren't easy to find around by us. You have to go to a salvage yard and there they expensive. Wish I had the luck of getting that piece for free!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has presented to you & family a wonderful journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depending on the height of it (which it looks pretty tall) I would make a sofa table out of it or something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I had a comment.... and it's gone. Hmmm... Oh well, lol. Anyway, what I said was I would make a sofa table out of it depending on the height, but it looks fairly tall so I bet it would work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Headboard!!! I hope it's exciting news!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.