"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blessed is the Nation...

 Ever since we replaced our back porch, I have been coming up with ways to repurpose all of that old wood.  I decided to make a Betsy Ross Flag sign.  
I attached the boards together like this:
 I love that the board already had perfect lines for my stripes.
I used a pie plate to make the placement for my stars and painted them by hand.
I then came up with the saying that I wanted and used my charcoal method to apply the wording to the bottom of the flag.  After the lettering was dried, I stained the whole flag in dark walnut.


"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"
It measures 38 inches tall.


I just love Americana!
I think when the kiddos grow up, I am going to have a guest room in Americana.
That would be so fun to decorate.
As for this sign, it will be ready to sell at my craft sale in November.

2 comments:

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.